|The Legend of Stygian Downs is book II in the trilogy:The Vampire |
- Jessica is a vampire.
- Jessica was once expelled from school.
- Jessica does not care for her Father's celebrity lifestyle. She prefers home life, reading, school, and her friends.
- More than just a few undeads work for the Postal Service.
- A vampire bite's cellular drain doesn't necessarily kill.
- Jessica has long, dark hair.
- Jessica gets good grades.
- Trolls lurk in the Underworld's In Between.
- Jessica likes the look of gargoyles, which Theopolis finds creepy.
- Jessica's hometown newspaper is called, The Tide.
- The author of this trilogy never forgets to italicize The Tide, yet often doesn't italicize the titles of her own books. (?!)
- Jessica was raised by her father (a notorious vampire in his younger days) and their House Manager, Mattressa.
- Jessica's mother was a mortal.
- (Spoiler Alert!) Book III in the series begins with Jessica married to a mortal whom she met in book two.
- In a Rock-Paper-Scissors game of Underworlders, Vampire beats Witch, anyday! (according to vampires of the Underworld Castle.)